<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 28, 2003

*Sigh* 

Ever wonder what happens to people who just stop writing all of a sudden? I just came across an entry where the guy came home from a trip and the first thing on his mind was feeling guilty that he hadn't written in a couple days. The most important thing to him at that moment was to update his followers. That was in early 2002, and nothing since then. I wonder what suddenly changed in his life to make him stop writing.

I've been thinking a lot lately but writing very little. Ok, so nothing till now I guess. I found out that one of my guy friends' girlfriends apparently doesn't like me at all. She made up a lie about me and told my friend who then passed it along to another friend who told my boyfriend. I don't know if it hurt more that she made up the lie or that they acted as if they hadn't known me for 7 years and believed her blindly even though what I supposedly said was completely out of my character. At any rate, that kind of ruined my Christmas Eve and threatened to ruin my Christmas. I haven't seen them since so I still haven't been able to clear my name. That hurts too. But the 2 most important men in my world believed me at least. That made me feel a little better. I'm also curious why she would lie like that. People's actions are strange aren't they? I mean, jealousy, insecurity... there are a number of possibilities for why she could have done such a thing, but wouldn't she realize that it could easily backfire on her?

I just finished reading The Five People You Meet in Heaven and loved it. One of the main lessons in it was that we are all connected. While we all have our own stories and lives, they are all connected. By buying a lemon in a grocery store you are influencing hundreds of lives. By buying your son a baseball for his birthday you may be causing a friends' accidental death one day down the line. It's an intriguing concept... and a wonderful book.

If anybody actually reads this in time (which seems doubtful since I don't think anybody has recently) let me know what you think. Should I try to inform my friend of the truth and the fact that his girlfriend has lied about me? I realize he will probably believe her because he is in love, but if this is typical behavior it may create a small crack in the armor that will later make him realize that he was blinding himself to her true nature. Or confront her about it? I think this is the worst option because I can't do confrontation. Or give her an ornament and be the bigger woman, hoping that others take note of the action? Or try to tell her boyfriend and then show that I won't let it affect me by giving her an ornament? I think that's my preference because I can defend myself and lead by example. Let me know if you have an opinion.

I'll leave you (the devoted reader who made it all the way to the end of this) with a funny quote from last night. "No! Ice cubes will only slow me down!!" That would be me telling Mayhem not to add more ice cubes to the cherry coke that I was drinking down at a fast and furious pace last night. Lata!


|



The official stuff...


© VS 2003-2005

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com