<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 27, 2004

The siren's call... 

So for a little background, my bed and I weren't always such good buddies. I had a nice bed at my parents' house, and this one just couldn't compete. And my dorm beds (as sick as this sounds) were always worn in enough and on kind of a springy frame/hammocky thing that after I put on the mattress cover, foam pad, and feather bed cover they were pretty comfortable. Now a common assumption is that after adding that much cushioning between yourself and the actual bed, you could sleep on just about anything and have it feel like a million bucks. Trust me, I believed that at first as well.

I was so naive. The bed just was not comfortable. They somehow conned some company into creating a twin bed that is shorter and narrower than any other twin bed. My feet hang off the end, and the frame of the mattress will occasionally collapse if you lift yourself onto your elbow too close to the edge. Now those who know me know that I am not freakishly tall nor am I what could be considered fat. This bed was obviously a problem. I eventually got into a decent working relationship with the bed... it provided a slightly softer than the floor alternative for my sleeping needs, and I made it feel more like a real bed. Neither of us were happy, but it worked. Once I returned back from the break, I had to get readjusted to the mediocrity all over again. BUT... then there was a turning of the tides...

My fabulous roomietta (L) gave me a chenille maroon throw, and as I was getting groceries at supah target this weekend I saw a deal to get 2 chenille throw pillows for just $8. So now I was getting a little excited. I actually made my bed and was so happy with the result that I took a picture of the beautiful new bed:



So now the bed is kind of like so many people running around the world today -- it's beautiful but it's still lacking in the personality department. For now, though, I'm off to another night of rest under my many warm blankets...

Oh, and you can thank KT for her tip on how to get a picture posted! Night~


|



The official stuff...


© VS 2003-2005

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com