<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 06, 2004

Don't be hatin' 

Ok, I don't get it. I feel a little defeated right now because it seems like everybody's been hating on me this week. Except one little boy I tutored. But I'll tell that success story momentarily. First, the laundry list: the psychotic woman at the grocery store, the receipt machine at the grocery, the jerk who took my parking space after watching me approach it, my car with its rebellion against giving the little chirpy honk when you lock and arm the security alarm, my car remote and its refusal to follow orders on the first button push, my phone and its resistance to deleting the voicemail alert so it wouldn't go off during class, my computer and the approximately 100 problems it causes on a daily basis (anybody want to take up a collection for getting me a new computer?!), and the psycho girlfriend of my friend who i've had to discuss on here earlier to get tips on how to handle her blind raging hatred of me.

I'm trying to break each of them down to a rational explanation so i don't develop that irrational "everybody's against me" kind of mentality. Maybe that psycho woman at the store was trying to make a joke and was never taught how. Maybe she had a terrible childhood and was always blamed for everything so that's the only thing she knows how to do. The receipt machine was screwed up long before I got there, and I know this. It mostly bothered me that random lady was actively blaming me for it. The jerk... well we're all selfish to some degree or another, and some are just way more selfish than others. My car was probably just having a bad day and needed me to stand in the freezing blustery weather a little longer to trouble shoot rather than hitting the little remote "lock" button a million times and trying to close my door once more. It has other issues that hopefully a certain sweet, loving, and helpful boyfriend will attend to when he visits me this weekend. If anybody is good at diagnosing strange car noises, please let me know. They come from the front of the car when it's cold outside and I haven't been able to spend 10 minutes heating the car before driving to work or class. The car remote will probably need new batteries sometime in the near future. If it just dies on me from a cause other than batteries, then I will demand that the dealership fixes it because I can't pay $350 for a new one and I got the remote used anyway. (I know it won't happen but at least I didn't just lie down and take the monetary abuse.) My phone is old... very old. And it has been a loyal subject of my extreme calling demands. Sure the battery is running low most of the time and the casing is beginning to crack away, and I'll most definitely have to get a new phone sometime soon, but we've had some good times. It's hard to be too mad at it... it keeps me connected to everyone in my life and stores all the phone numbers I have. Although it has its quirks, the newer generation of phones appear to have even more problems than this one. I'm dreading having to get a new phone because I have a list of requirements that a phone must meet and I don't know that any of the new ones will measure up. But we'll cross that bridge when it comes. Phoney, you've been pretty good to me. My computer is an elderly guy. I really think he tries his hardest, but the new fangled demands of the modern world are just too much for him to handle. And he's still running on 98SE because we fear major turmoil will erupt with changing over to XP on his fragile aged body. We pray that he holds out until graduation, upon which time we hope to receive the gift of a new computer. Stay in the game, little guy... I need you. Badly. Psycho girlfriend... When I first met her, I liked her. It was only after a little while, a series of hostile conversations, and the manipulation of my friends and my plans, that I realized I no longer cared for her. I realized around Christmastime why I suddenly started to cringe when I was around her or heard about her... she hates me and treats me like poo. At times it has been a simple hatred, possibly an insecure you've known my boyfriend for about 6 years longer than I have and he really respects you and that scares me kind of hatred. At other times it has been a more proactive sabotage-y kind of hatred. Like an I'll try the damsel in distress hoping of a knight in shining armor who happens to be YOUR boyfriend kind of sabotage, and the I'll just make up a lie about you and try to make everyone feel sorry for me and steal your closest guy friends who are blind to the irrationality and impossibility of the lie kind of hatred. Instead of feeling hurt and upset by her, I'm trying to make myself feel sorry for her that she's that desperate and insecure and lonely. But it's hard when people are that mean. I have turned the other cheek with her, but the only response was further hatred because it made her look bad. Luckily it is doubtful that I'll have to be around her any time soon, but she can still eat away at me. I think I'm going to take a long shower to wash her evil memories away.


|



The official stuff...


© VS 2003-2005

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com