<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Had a bad day... 

Had a bad day again
I said you would not understand
I left this note and said "I'm sorry, I had a bad day again."

So the word "intern" is really just a nice way of saying "masochist." I don't just work for free, but I actually pay to work. Now I can manage this because I like my internship... so far.

Today was Disaster Central, though. Then as I was halfway home I realized I had to go to the grocery to get milk. Couldn't find a parking space facing my direction, so I U-ied and headed for a space near the entrance in the opposite direction. Just as I got close, a car going the opposite direction saw he faced the same dilemma as me... but he also saw my spot. He stopped, looked at me, saw my pissed off face, and backed into MY space. I was pissed, but reversed, took a farther space, and then had to walk behind him and his girlfriend as I went into the store. And I restrained myself from saying something to him, even as I was gagging from seeing him walk around with his hand planted on his girlfriend's ass. I ran in, grabbed my milk, and headed for the shortest self-checkout line. I checked out only to find out that the paper in the machine was jammed and there was no way for them to override the receipt, so I had to stand around another 10 minutes while they fiddled with the receipt printer. Now I can be understanding with them, although it just further proves my point that self-checkout sucks and they should at least lower the price of the food they sell if we're checking ourselves out. Like I said, I can be understanding with mechanical malfunctions, BUT I do NOT have the patience to deal with the woman who was standing behind me in line. She started blaming it on me. Now let me add here that I hadn't even gotten to the point where I swipe the card and try to pay; therefore, I was not yet requiring any paper from said receipt printer. Yet she started blaming me. Said I screwed it up. Said that's what I got for being in a hurry. Asking what I had done to their machine. Grrrr! The only thing I can hope is that she does not have any children, and that she learns some rationality before she ever has children.

I finally get home only to find that the smell in the apartment from whatever my roommate fixed for dinner was bad enough that it nearly made me nauseous. Ugh. I sprayed a thick layer of room deodorizer, but it's starting to wear off. With all of that said, I'm going to fix myself some dinner and relax. If I can numb my brain for a little while, then hopefully I can come back and write my weekly log for last week. Leave some happy thoughts :)


|



The official stuff...


© VS 2003-2005

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com