<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 29, 2004

Parting thought... 

Holy cow I've posted a lot today. This is it, though. I promise. May be for a few days, too. But I had to share this. Ok, I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but I happened to overhear this as I was fixing my lunch for tomorrow. So my roommate semi-shouts when she's talking on the phone, sometimes in person too. This makes it too easy to overhear random crap. Tonight it was her and her boyfriend strategizing through the phone and IM on an online videogame. Now if you've ever met this roommate it would come as a shock to you that she would ever try games in the first place. Then add the fact that she's a perfectionist and apparently not too good at games. Mid-sandwich making I hear "Oh, sh!t" and explosion sounds. A minute later she says "Baby what happened?" waits for a quick explanation and says "Was that my fault?" She obviously got an affirmative and tried apologizing for it. I don't know why but I find that to be the funniest freaking thing that's happened in this apartment in a while. I think a lot of people tend to walk on eggshells around her to avoid her over-sensitive moodiness. I know I do (somewhat).

Speaking of over-sensitive... I just wanted some input here. I just found out that one of Mayhem's friends (we'll call him S) bailed on him today because another friend (C) invited Mayhem's two best friends (one being S) and S's girlfriend and sister out to dinner paid all by C. Adding to this is the fact that Mayhem helped C move yesterday (while S bailed on that as well) and C still has a certain amount of ass-kissing to do from the crap he did at New Year's (which he may not remember judging by how much he supposedly drank). Now all of this didn't really bother Mayhem, but it really bugged me. I think it's really inconsiderate for his friends to not invite him, for one to bail on him without inviting him, and for them to invite the girlfriend and sister of a guy of all things... but not him. If one of my friends did that to me I'd be pretty hurt. I don't know. Is this not a big deal for guys? Do they not care if they get left out of things? I really need a lesson on being thicker skinned I guess. People hate me and it eats away at me. People are mean to me, same thing. People are mean to my boy, same thing. If you know the key to letting it roll off your back, let me know. Now really and truly I'm off to bed.

P.S. Keep them in your prayers.

P.P.S. Still two very important and recent entries below here. Especially if you are good with computers (J and Dan, you're my two geniuses), then you need to read the first one from today. It's entitled "My weekend: an essay a la 2nd grade" and will give the details on my very poor computer.


|



The official stuff...


© VS 2003-2005

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com