<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 28, 2004

Stretching time... 

When somebody is really dreading something or is having a horrible day, I used to remind them that every day is exactly as long as the one before it, so if they got through yesterday they can get through today (or whatever day they're worried about). It's that sound advice that you never take yourself because you don't want to hear it at that point, and the kind of thing that half of you probably just rolled your eyes at as you read it. That's fine, I understand. Logically I know that it's true, but today I could swear that the minutes are just inching along. And thank goodness they are, too!!! I had a major policy analysis paper to write... didn't work on it over Spring Break, didn't get much done during the week other than uncovering more and more and, oh God, more research, didn't get more than the intro paragraph done Friday because my day was cut in half by a meeting (a really good one I need to tell about, btw), didn't get more than the first full section done yesterday because my friend from CO and her fiancee stayed with me and we went and had fun (J came too). SO... today was that horrible day that you knew you'd have to do so much with so little time to do it that you actually consider just pulling the covers over your head and saying to hell with it all I'm just screwed! But I forced myself to get out of bed, stop whimpering, get all my research out again, take a deep breath and start typing. I rationalized to myself that it was 9am and if I worked on it for the next 12 hours it could be done by 9pm, at which time I could click print, breathe a sigh of relief, and collapse into bed. It is now 3:30 and I only have one section left. I have everything mapped out to discuss for this last section as well, so the trick will be to say it without being redundant with the other 8 places I had to say the exact same thing and not go over my max page limit. At the end of this paper I may actually be proud of all the work, effort, and knowledge that I've put into it. Wouldn't that be something? (Ok, so I usually have a lot of pride in my work and stride for good grades, but this is one I really want to show off because I never thought I could understand all the inner workings of a legislative act. Ok, understand everything but the damn budget mush.) At any rate, I have to save what strength is left in my fingers to type the paper and not the endless stream of thought that constantly flows from my "I think way too much" brain. I do need to share the exciting tidbit about the meeting and the possibilities it leaves for me. Ooh, the possibilities (Do hold your breath... I will be back!)

P.S. Keep them in your prayers.


|



The official stuff...


© VS 2003-2005

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com