<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 09, 2004

Erg... 

So two days ago it was completely confirmed that my close friend was no longer pregnant. She had to go in yesterday morning to clear it all out so they could try again in a couple months. Everyone was sad, but at least it was before they had actually seen a sonogram of the baby, knew the gender, or any of that stuff. Since we're such close friends, I always update J on her life because it's close to being part of my life. We joked that I was going to have sympathy pains all through her pregnancy because I always knew the latest details on everything about it. So I told J and about how absolutely incredible her hubby has been through it all. He took off work to go to the appointment Wed. and then again yesterday to be there for the procedure. Both of us were moved by how phenomenal he has been through the whole thing. It made me so so happy that she had such an incredible spouse, and made me feel so much better that I knew he'd be taking care of her so well since I couldn't be there myself. I told J how much that meant to me, and how I would have been ready to leave work to be there for her (or for my friend whose brother was in the wreck) despite the fact that I'm not family and probably wouldn't have the approval of a supervisor because it wouldn't make sense to them. I certainly hope that J has the same kind of commitment to me that he'd be willing to drop it all to help me when I really needed him. My gut reaction is yes, but then I doubt myself because he wasn't there for me when I got my wisdom teeth removed. For 11 years I had lived in mortal fear of having wisdom teeth and having to get them removed. I found out that they had to come out about 9 months or so before it actually happened (dentist and surgeon were 5 hours from where I was finishing up undergrad). I told J that much in advance that the one thing I absolutely needed, HAD to have, was that he be there for me with the surgery. He had to either do the whole shebang with my mom (waiting in the waiting room with her and then taking me home) or had to be waiting for me when I got home and stay with me the rest of the day. He didn't do either. He came over between summer school classes for about a half hour, said I looked like I was doing well, and left again. While that hurt, I was still so elated that I was not in dire amounts of pain and didn't have one of the serious side effects that they warn you about, that I let it slide. Now trying to figure out if he'd really be there for me when I needed him, though, it makes me wonder. He seems to always worry more about others (teachers, employers, his parents, etc) and know that if he lets me slide he'll eventually be forgiven. I just don't know...

On a happier note, I came up with a visual for a session I did yesterday with a little boy having a variety of problems. It was a huge hit with my supervisor and the boy, and he was so happy that I made one for him to keep to help him remember what to do in tough situations. That made yesterday a good day at work. As much as I complain about it sometimes, I really do love what I do, and I'm really going to miss the schools when I leave in a few weeks. I love the people, I love the kids, I love the adorable artwork and themes, I love it all. As far as I know, though, it's a no-go on me possibly taking my supervisor's job next year when she retires. They still want a full time person (which is a good thing), and I could only give them 2 days a week because of my 2nd internship and classes on the other 3 days. Well it's shower and work time, so this is it for now. I probably won't be able to post over the weekend due to the family holiday, but keep checking... I just might be able to surprise you after all! Have a great one!

P.S. Keep them in your prayers.


|



The official stuff...


© VS 2003-2005

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com