<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 02, 2004

My mind is all over the place... 

I feel lonely. Nobody cares to leave comments lately. I seem to notice a trend, that nobody cares to leave words of encouragement or comments in general when the news is bad. After I post the good news, though, everyone is happy to hear it. Life isn't always peachy. What will happen if the next time something bad happens there is no happy ending? I've gotten lucky in the past, as have the people in my life who I love and care about, and I'm eternally grateful for that, but...

I know this isn't what you guys want to hear, and some of you I know read this but never leave comments. But I do like them. And when you feel so alone in the world with bad things happening to half the people you know, it does help a lot to have others there encouraging you. I'm insanely busy, but I try to keep this updated with the latest in my life because I want to still feel connected to the people I may not always have time to talk with weekly on the phone. And it also gives me the chance to talk to others who I don't know in person. I don't want to guilt trip anybody, and I want you all to know I love you. I just felt frustrated.

Now to better things... My fabulous former roomie (roomietta) sent me her old cell phone in the mail. I got it yesterday and it is oodles of fun. My phone is nice but about 4 years old, so I am now investigating the fun of having two color screens, a camera, a silent mode that really is silent (rather than noisily vibrating), etc. I need to go to the sprint store to see if I can schmooze anyone into switching me over and waiving the transfer fee. I can't afford to switch right now if they're going to charge me to do it, so let's hope they don't! I also want to make sure the phone works well according to others who have it, since so many phones are crap lately and mine is actually still a good little trooper.

Speaking of troops, I did feel very moved by the outpouring of love from our grad school group. My friend only had to call one of us, and we mobilized forces to inform every other person in our group so everyone could be praying for them and know what happened. Now that her older brother made it through the heart surgery (it was a torn aorta), we dispersed the news again. They said that getting through the first hour and through the surgery were his two biggest hurdles, and since those were both over he should be ok. He also broke his neck, though, so they're waiting to see if there will be any paralysis. They are hopeful, though, because he was moving his hands and feet while he was unconscious. He may need a neck brace or a halo, they're just waiting to see. So good news on that front. I still have no clue what will happen to me about the grants or financial aid. I faxed the woman a nice, diplomatic letter along with my adjusted info and explained that I was confused about the conflicting stories and wanted her to contact me. I haven't heard back. I hope she knows that she doesn't want to be on the receiving end of my wrath for screwing me over, though, so I hope that doesn't happen. The other things I had thought of I can no longer remember, so I guess that's it. Later...

P.S. Keep them in your prayers.


|



The official stuff...


© VS 2003-2005

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com