<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, June 12, 2004

Nightmare... 

bizarre. i had a freaky dream last night. i dreamt that i had just dropped somebody off at their house (it was late at night), and as i walked back to my car i noticed an SBC (phone company) work van parked right next to my car. i was parked on the left side of the street, and this van was just inches away from the passenger side of my car in the middle of the street. i don't know why i didn't go back and notify my friend to watch and make sure everything seemed safe, or why i didn't go back inside and wait for them to leave, or anything else. i just hopped in the car and drove away down the street. check the rearview... the van's following me. i freak out. i turn onto another street in a lame attempt to lose them (lame because it's long blocks without any tricky places to lose somebody). still definitely following me. i speed up and get a little farther away, but i'm still an easy target. so i pull out my phone as i come to a T intersection, and instead of turning one way or the other, i don't move fast enough, so i go onto an embankment and into the driveway of a school. i figure if my car didn't die there, then i was good to go and just went with it. i thought about calling my parents really quick to let them know i wasn't ok but was about to call 911 in hopes that they could make it ok, but i don't remember if i did or not. but i did call 911 and eventually convinced the operator that i was really being followed by this work van at 2 am. she seems unsure that she could dispatch a police car to intercept and keep me safe since we are on the move. she also asked me if i had a description of the people in the van, and i had a distinct feeling that if i looked over at them (when they were alongside me), there would be a guy in the passenger seat with a gun aimed at my head and he'd shoot me in the face when i looked. she said ok, but still wasn't sure she could get a cop car over there. so then i suggested that i could get on the nearest freeway, tell her what entrance i got on, and she could dispatch officers to get on soon after and surround my car like they did with OJ simpson to protect me and then a couple more to get the van. i don't think she thought i was worthy of that many officers, but i think we did go for the freeway option. at that point i woke up very freaked out and determined i was never getting any service from SBC. freaky crazy dream. blech.

oddly enough, i think i also considered going to the nearest 911 station, which was a fire station, and having the dispatcher call them to get everyone woken up and prepared to let me in and lock back up. then i would have several big tough guys there to protect me and they could sneak me away on a fire engine if they had to. but i figured that my assailants might be smart enough to figure out that if i went in and shortly after an engine went out, i was on the engine. so i nixed that.

P.S. Keep them in your prayers.


|



The official stuff...


© VS 2003-2005

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com