<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 03, 2004

Politics... 

here's the segue from the previous post to this one: stupidity. ok, here we go...

tony threw down a challenge for the republicans. i'm joining him. this is what he asked of you:

"please tell me why you think President Bush, [not] pictured, deserves four more years.

tell me what he has accomplished over the last four years, especially since all i see are bad things (3 trillion deficit, highest gas prices ever, a billion dollar a day iraq habit, no wmd, no obl, etc).

tell me what you think he will accomplish in the next four years.

tell me what you see in him that im missing.

tell me how he will help not only the USA but the world.

tell me how he will improve jobs in the usa.

tell me how his so-called Christianity will influence the nation in a positive way.

tell me how he will work with the fcc to benefit free speech and choice on the airwaves.

tell me how he will improve healthcare.

tell me how he will make america a safer place, and not just from terrorists, but from normal criminals.

and/or tell me how he will help the country via education.

tell me how George Bush will do any of these or all of these or some of these and i will listen and it will be here in the comments, for the record for all to see."

i'm adding a question that is important to me:
tell me how anything he is doing will help the poor and disadvantaged.

thank you.

in the mean time, i will tell of his further antics. in july of 2003, a very important act was introduced. it was called the Bringing America Home Act. it was meant to end homelessness within the next 10 years. it was the most comprehensive initiative to end homelessness thus far, and made people like me very hopeful for the wellbeing of the nation's homeless. approximately 3.5 million people experience homelessness each year, and about 40% of these are children. sadly, this act has made very little progress in the past year. it has a few more sponsors, but that's about it. it has been benched, and is unlikely to pass with such apathy. it makes me sad, and makes me wonder if it would have moved forward if we weren't throwing all our money into a sinkhole in iraq.

i know this is a little late in coming, but oh well. we are temporarily part of OPEC since we took over governing iraq. cartels are illegal according to US law, but we don't really care. why are we raising our OWN gas prices? hmm, good question. wish i knew.


P.S. Keep them in your prayers.


|



The official stuff...


© VS 2003-2005

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com