<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Happy birthday to me! 

ok, so it's late, i'm tired, and i never got my work done.  and now it's my birthday and i'll actually have to do the work.  poo.  yes, apparently growing a year older an hour ago has made me regress into childish blasphemy. 

so i am extremely proud of my b-day this year.  so many completely badass things are happening on this day, that i can't even keep track of them all.  amazing concerts, movie screenings, etc.  and yet i have no big plans.  i wanted to go to one of the concerts, but on my budget it wasn't feasible.  the tickets were going to be my b-day gift from J, but he procrastinates even worse than i do.  yeah, still no tickets have been purchased.  it sold out a couple months back i think.  somehow i'm not feeling like i should hold my breath on that one.  that decision was sealed by him mentioning yesterday (as in wednesday) that he needed to get off the phone to find a birthday gift for me.  awww, i feel so loved.  a suitable gift for me obviously takes foresight and intense planning.  wait, no.  it usually involves a trip to the grocery store on his way over to my place so he can pick up a suitable card, which he will sign either never (oops), in the car in front of my place, or when i go into the other room for a moment before opening the card.  i'm serious.  i mean, i love the guy and he got incredibly lucky that i'm not the type to chew off his right ear for repetitive stunts like that, but seriously.  you know it's coming up.  there really is no secret law of maleness that requires you wait until the last milisecond to make the proper preparations.  trust me, i did check with other men, and they confirmed that they are allowed to get the gifts beforehand if they really cared about the person. 

so where was all of that going?!  i don't even know.  i just know i need a shower and a little motivation.  maybe i just grew older and wiser, and it will slow me down into a person who plans early and takes care of business before fun.  lmao... yeah, who are we kidding.  i don't seem like the kind of person who would turn down fun, do i?  i didn't think so either.  ok, so before this weird mood incriminates me, i will take my shower and do whatever i please with what's left of the night because it is MY day!

oh, and read the post below on women's underwear... i'm proud of my ability to teach an engaging subject matter with both insight and wit.  so go read it.  thanks!

BTW: i may be available for interviewing, well wishing, and other nice birthday related things tomorrow starting in the late morning/ early afternoon.  birthday girls are exempt from setting alarms for their big day. 

P.S. Keep them in your prayers.



|



The official stuff...


© VS 2003-2005

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com