<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 12, 2004

Customer support... 

oy de mi! i just spent over an hour on the phone with customer service. late afternoon my internet crapped out. figured it was just a little while and then it would come back. well around 11 i decided i had enough. so i called. the girl sounded extremely young and possibly not quite proficient in reading a manual. but she determined that i lost internet b/c i had just moved so they had deleted my old account. why? who knows. i paid enough in transfer fees that i should have avoided all problems. but whatever. so she walks me through the stuff to get it all set up again. told me several things that didn't work and didn't seem to want to back down. then she started to get huffy that it took too long for my computer to reboot. she told me to write down the directions and that if they didn't work, i should call the computer manufacturer because it was a problem with them and not with my internet. wtf?! seriously. internet causes internet problems. end of story. punk. so i keep her talking through the boot up saying that when she had me do one thing that froze my computer, it did seem to work. but then she went back and said that was wrong and i should do something else. that something made the internet stop working. so i finally got her to say that she'd just double check.

yeah. she was wrong. was just like "oh sorry, that isn't checked." ok so try that. not like "oh crap, i told you wrong, froze your computer 3 times and then got upset with you for having an old computer that takes awhile to reboot when i freeze it so i should try reading the manual correctly the first time this go around. sorry." because i would have apologized. but i would have double checked the manual when i was told that it was denying access the first time. but whatever. it's all back and running again. so i'm off to bed. i moved a lot of furniture today. by myself. my back hurts. i hope i'm too young for hernias. i need to get to the grocery and buy some food, but i never know what i should get. my old standbys for food that you can "cook" without having to cook are starting to get old. if you have any ideas (and things that serve 1 or 2), then let me know. thanks! g'night!

P.S. Keep them in your prayers.


|



The official stuff...


© VS 2003-2005

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com