<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Chin up! 

so i was thrown in some more today, and am now far enough into the mess that they'll have to stop really soon. my schedule is so booked up now that my supervisor is having to consult my schedule, and we're having to work 2 weeks in advance to squeeze her in. who'da thunk i'd be in such high demand?! it's kind of weird and kind of good. yesterday was a fluke in getting both my work and my paperwork finished. today i didn't get any paperwork done and didn't even have time to jot down a couple notes to finish it. for this one thing where i'm collaborating with another person, i didn't even have time to ask her if i would be working on the paperwork, if she would be, or if we'd both have to. why do all jobs seem to have paperwork? and they never allow time to get it done because it's maintenance work and isn't the part that produces results. i'm sure i'll get into a groove with it. and it's not like they're slave drivers with it or anything. when i say i'm busy, i mean i'm already having to stay a little late and go in a little early. the early thing is fine because i like to be there a couple minutes early to get stuff in order before i no longer have a spare second. but the staying late is harder. i mean, no regrets, but i'm much more aware that it's my time at that point. in the morning, i guess it's still easier to feel as though it's my time to get in order even if i'm at work.

it's weird in this job because they know very little about my personal life. in my first internship, i was so close to my supervisor (both physically having to sit with her in the same office all day and also constantly talking to each other) that she knew my life story practically. but here they don't know that i have a boy or any other details of my life. it's kind of strange. makes me feel a little like a loner around the office. which i guess i am a little bit because i'm the new girl and i'm staying so busy that i don't have time to socialize much.

i'm ready to get together with the boys again tonight, but at the same time i have craploads of work to get done. with this crazy schedule nothing has been getting done. haven't cracked any books (not that i would have yet anyway, but i will have to soon), haven't washed dishes or done laundry in awhile, haven't been able to finish the unpacking or put away clothes, and i haven't gotten to get the computer stuff under control, take time for myself, or anything else that i've needed to do. it sucks! so in a way, this gives me an opportunity to relax a little and get all this shit done. but i can't stay up too late because the maintenance dude is coming first thing in the morning. so i'll have to be dressed. ok, relaxation time. i'll be back later...


|



The official stuff...


© VS 2003-2005

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com