<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Late night and a long day... 

went out with the boys again last night. had to hang around most of the day waiting to find out if they were getting together in time that i could join them. they said to go ahead, so off i went. mayhem gave me directions, but they were far from stellar. i started out and gave him a call asking if he was sure that was the right direction. told him it didn't make logical sense that you'd start out going south on the loop to get north. he assured me i was going right but was just confused by the directions on the loop because they changed frequently. i said ok and hung up. then the freaking freeway ENDED and i called him pissed as hell. wanted to know what the hell was up, and he told me i was going the wrong way as if it was my fault. i explained to him in my not-so-calm road rage voice that i had told him previously the direction he had taken me and that it didn't seem right. he apparently just wasn't paying attention to me when i said that. so yeah, drove about an extra 40 minutes or so out of my way. i could have been there practically in that amount of time. i was pissed as hell. luckily there was some angry music on the radio and i was able to vent some of that off before i had to act like the sweet little girlfriend in front of the guys. i hate seeming like a raging bitch in front of them, even if it is mayhem's fault because guys always back up their boys.

finally got everyone together and we ate another of our traditional meals together... hot wings. afterward, the guys decided we were going to one of the neighborhood bars. don't ask me why they like it because it's a bunch of 30-something year old men who couldn't get a girl if she were glued to their legs. coyote ugly sounds like a good description. the fiancee and i were the only 2 decent looking women there, and not a single guy had the guts to hit on us... even when all my guys were at another table talking and ignoring us girls. it was pretty pathetic. i was also disappointed in my boys. they're usually so good about including me, and i know their history to reminisce with the best of them. but the fiancee doesn't care about being included or not, so she didn't care to join me in getting the guys back there, and i wasn't about to leave her out. she's a sweetheart. and i can't even tell you how GREAT it is to have my best guy friend back. i felt so special getting to hug both my guys all weekend.

last night i wanted to head back to the apartment by 8. we didn't start eating until after that, so i decided i had to leave by 10. i wasn't one of the drivers, and they took me off to the bar, so i lost all control over it. yeah, i didn't get back to my apartment until 1 am. freaking a! and you know it was a huge bitch to get up and function this morning. it was pain and sacrifice all the way.

classes sucked today. had to take way too many notes and got nothing but frustration out of the day. and tomorrow will be stressful. it'll be the day when i'm thrown in with the big fish. i felt more confident about it last week. now i'm getting that little knot in my stomach. hopefully i can keep my cool, though. and i already know that i'll have a tiny bit of time in the morning to pull it together and find out where a couple things are. so that's how the days have gone.

just as a warning, the next week and a half-ish will be crazy busy. i've got things around the apartment, stuff to catch up on with school, chores to do, people to get in touch with, computer upgrades to do, and spending every spare day with my best guy friend. so if things get a litte brief around the blog, i apologize. i'll try to do my best, but i may have to make sacrifices. oh, and my best guy friend is now a married man. craziness. and i'm adding another bridesmaid duty to my list. i'm so excited about it!!!! i could explain, but it's a long story and confidentiality of these people and all. anyway, just updating with all this wedding stuff. ok, that's it for tonight. more tomorrow!


|



The official stuff...


© VS 2003-2005

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com