<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 05, 2004

Quick little rundown... 

here's a quick little rundown of the bad and good.

yesterday i got all my shopping taken care of, and thoroughly explored both the home depot and the grocery. got almost everything i needed. couldn't get extra shelves cut for my pantry because the guy i asked to help me just told me to go down 3 aisles, pick out a piece of wood, take it to a saw (in an undisclosed location), and wait around with a giganto piece of wood for somebody to stop by to cut it. since the aisle he directed me to had pieces of wood that were too narrow for the dimensions, i couldn't get the piece of wood wherever on my own, and i didn't know where i'd be taking it or when and if anyone would ever stop by to cut it, i figured i'd live without pantry shelves a little while longer. maybe someday i can go there with mayhem and he can get me all set up. the grocery store was just expensive. i went to one of the upscale versions of a neighborhood grocery because it was on my way home and i figured if the prices were comparable it would beat the semi-ghetto one down the street from me. but it was expensive, the aisles were set up weird, people were self-absorbed, and they were lacking my favorite addictive substance: arizona green tea in the gallon jugs. so i will go elsewhere and save my money.

i have to write a $500 check to pay back my parents for the insane cost of textbooks. i had to buy them before my loan money came in, so i used one of their credit cards. now that the bill came in, my mom realized exactly how expensive they were, and emphasized that she really did want that check written as quickly as possible. bye bye money.

i think i am losing all coordination. friday night, i bit it in the parking lot on the way to the movies. my shoe caught on the pavement, and i went hurtling forward. bruised the hell out of my knee and the palms of my hands are still a little sore. and my ego was very bruised. but luckily mayhem is a great guy who did not laugh at me or see a reason for me to be embarrassed. he said that everyone did it and that the bonuses were that nobody saw and that i wasn't injured enough to have to fill out a lengthy injury report. then he told me about the times when his friends had done similar things in more embarrassing situations, and got me to laugh again. then last night, in the course of a wonderful evening, i ran the top of my thigh right into the metal handlebar on the front of the oven. sent me collapsing into him and the counter opposite the oven, and took quite a while to have enough breath to explain why he was now holding me partially up. when we looked at the injury, it was already turning into a big red, raised oval on the same side as my bruised knee. he ordered me to get some ice for it and sit down, and let him take care of the rest. such a sweetheart. after several ice packs, limping, and some tylenol, i woke up with minimal pain. guess the boy really knows how to take care of me.

and now for something completely different:

i just thought of one positive quality that bush possesses. he hasn't used the patriot act (yet) to imprison kerry and become a dictator without opponents.

and now please continue on to the post that will be written above this for details of my wonderful night last night and the night before (minus the injuries).

P.S. Keep them in your prayers.


|



The official stuff...


© VS 2003-2005

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com