<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Quick recap of a crappy day... 

ok, so this was definitely a shitty kind of day. i figure it'll be ok, but then it just got progressively worse. i got almost no sleep last night, like just a couple hours probably and finally realized that for some reason i had a scene going through my head where some guy tried to attack me while i was sleeping. once i finally realized that and let it go i think that's when i fell asleep. i have to stop having those weird dreams about creepy people. it's really just a rare occasion, but i guess i just notice when it does happen. anyway...

so i woke up completely exhausted. half-assed dressed and groomed myself so i could spare another 10 minutes after i ate breakfast for a mini-nap. then it was off to class. apparently i wasn't the only one lacking motivation because about half the class was missing. we had to do an exercise in trust today that made everyone edgy. then at lunch the same friend that frustrated me last week did it again this week. she talked incessantly the entire time, but asked me twice if there was something wrong because i was so quiet. she's perceptive of the symptom but not of the problem, i guess, which is better than nothing. i started thinking that maybe it was just because she never sees us anymore and so she tries to get out everything that she normally tells us in the course of a week. but i just wish she didn't monopolize the conversation and would be more considerate of checking on our lives as well. she won't get over the feeling that she's missing on our personal lives if she doesn't give us a chance to catch her up to speed. oh well, i know it's certainly not intentional.

so then the middle class. we were supposed to do a simple class assignment and then base our midterm exam off it. well, the blank format for the midterm is 9 pages, and the "simple" assignment was sooooooo much more involved than any of us could have even begun to imagine. hi, i'm packing for a trip tomorrow and flying out right after work the next day so that doesn't work so well for me. let me suggest something much simpler like one sentence responses or something, k? thanks.

and then, we hit rock bottom with the night class. another exam. supposed to be easy, open book, open note, multiple choice even. oh yes, but nothing's ever easy with this prof. he has major issues with the lights. so we finally get the exam, are supposed to take it and hand it in when we're done and that should be it. but no. turns out the questions are from obscure sentences out of the book, some of which are in chapters that we are never supposed to cover according to the syllabus. my neck was killing me after the first hour from craning over this 30 pound book and searching for these magical sentences that would make the exam be over. finally, i go to turn it in and discover that we now have to sit with the prof and grade the test right then and there. no being home free. erg. frustrating to say the least.

so that was my lovely day. and apparently benadryl no longer affects me the way it used to. since me no likey to fly i figured i'd see how groggy i was with half a benadryl, since it used to knock me on my ass. tried that the other night and never felt a thing. ok, so i was young when that happened... maybe i need a whole one now. took it 2 hours ago and am stil as awake as i was then. ok, guess it doesn't work on me the same way period. fabulous. thinking about it, a lot of things don't really seem to affect me the way they're supposed to: benadryl isn't making me sleepy, advil takes 2 hours before it starts to help my headaches, and alcohol doesn't make near the impact that it should based on my body mass. odd. i wonder how much they'd pay me to study this lack of effect. hmmm... but maybe i don't want the answers. i'm fine with my body just the way it is and probably wouldn't like them tinkering with it. well, on with life and into bed... hopefully more than 2 hours await me tonight...


|



The official stuff...


© VS 2003-2005

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com