<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

I need a moment... 

seriously, i need a moment here. i figured today would be a good day. it started out decently before it went downhill. i actually slept well, and most of the pain in my neck had gone. it seemed like i had forever between my first alarm going off and my "get your ass up now or you're screwed" alarm. got ready for work and got there in time. i was even able to take a moment in the parking lot to laugh at a stupid bit they were doing on the radio. i had a light day again, so i was able to get some work done for school, which was great. after that, i got organized, figured out if it would be feasible to take off to go to mardi gras (should be possible, but if and only if other people can pay my whole way... aka, no longer likely). so i had a little lunch and then socialized for a few hours. and then the day started to worsen. kind of a tailspin. in the last hour at work i was basically told, "no offense, but i don't want you on this project because i don't like your personality. but no offense since it's an innate part of you that you can't really change." wtf?! and they said it right in front of my supervisor, too! but thankfully my supervisor is full of grace and tact and took over the conversation seamlessly. she brushed it all under the table and discussed it with me later. i knew to call bullshit because i had gotten direct feedback the previous week that i had been requested for it, so i was ok after the initial shock wore off. thankfully my supervisor also has a great deal of faith in me and explained that i would remain on the project until i graduated and they would have to be fine with it. and she'll be there to keep the peace and defend my skills. so i guess that was kind of a mixed thing... i got insulted publicly in the middle of the building, but my supervisor acknowledged that i know what i'm doing.

after this craziness i leave to return something at target and exchange another thing. the return goes fine, and i go in search of the item to exchange. not there. remember those fabulous thongs i told you were on sale? well too many of you heeded my advice and bought the ones i needed to get in my size. somehow i picked up a pair that was 4 sizes too big. my theory was that it was right next to the ones in my size or something because i am generally very responsible about checking that i get the correct size. so whatever, i figure i'll just go back there and find the correct pair no problem. nope, don't have them in any size. so i tell her and she just returns them and credits it. ok, so i drive to another store because i still have the matching cami and i don't want to have to wear it bottomless. (i should have kept that to myself i'm sure.) second store doesn't have them either. damnit. so this makes me very sad. i was so excited about my adorable matching set, and now i'm just kicking myself because i somehow picked up the wrong damn pair.

so anyway. i needed to take a moment to mourn the lost pair of thongs (it was a 2 pack) that never shall be. like the velveteen rabbit those thongs could have become real on the right ass... and that ass was mine. omg i have to stop. i'm sure it is a good thing i never reread my posts after i write them. ok, time to get ready to do it all over again tomorrow. night!


|



The official stuff...


© VS 2003-2005

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com