<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 09, 2004

Sniffle... 

they took my child. it's like they ripped my heart away from me. my gorgeous little laptop baby was taken from me today by incompetent tech people. during the upgrade to XP Pro, the USB ports were somehow deactivated (or so some kindly tech guy thought when i emailed his product tech support thinking it was my USB product breaking within a month of purchase). after walking me through the other possibilities, he came to the conclusion that i had to reactivate the USB ports in BIOS, but was unable to tell me how to do so because every brand is different. so i curse the bad luck and take my baby to get fixed. thankfully i had a warranty and could basically walk in and say "make the booboo better." but the people there sent me to the brink of frustration. they walked into the back room and left me for 10 minutes. then they came out and said "oh sorry i was doing something back there." well no shit sherlock, i would have never guessed because you sure weren't doing something out here. so he then decides rather than helping me, that he would bust somebody else's ass for going on her allowed break and tell her to take care of me instead. so he wanders off, giving me a look as if he had never even seen me before and certainly wasn't the one supposed to help me, and i wait another 15 minutes for this chick. she finally comes out and apologized saying that she has trouble typing. if she cannot master fingers on the keys and push down the appropriate buttons, i am supposed to trust her with an expensive high tech laptop?!? so i get even more frustrated and consider just saying i would go back later and instead taking my baby all the way over to the store near my parents' house and hanging around their house until they got it fixed. i knew i trusted those people way more than these guys. but i was already there with all the paperwork and it was too close to closing to make it all the way to my parents'. that would set me back another half day. so i gulped and entrusted them with my laptop child. the woman reassured me a little because she showed great reverance to my amazing laptop and gushed over the screen and 10-key, and she also offered me an alternative to their outrageously priced backup service. she gave me a free dvd+r to burn my documents and even ensured that i had double checked that the documents would read properly before she took my baby into the back. sadly, she said the minimum wait time would be 3 days but could be up to 2 weeks or so. oh so so sad. as sick as it may be, i left the store feeling like i had just sent my own baby off to a 2 week preschool bootcamp or something. i didn't research their living arrangements or security or anything. they could ship my little baby in a poorly padded uninsured box for all i know!!! breathe, v, breathe. i guess i know for sure now... i had absolutely no buyer's remorse with my laptop. if i love it this much, i doubt i'll be lusting after anyone else's computer any time soon.

oh, and to those very random few who care... you can rest assured that i did not get a flu vaccine and will be exposed to illness for several months to come. i'll be sure to give you the dirty sickening (literally) details if i do get sick. hopefully it won't set me back on the internship or school and delay graduation. hopefully i won't infect my future father-in-law with the weakened immune system who has already exceeded his "life sentence" and become responsible for his demise. hopefully i won't infect the 50-odd people with which i come into contact on a near-daily basis in the small closed quarters and poor ventilation, some of whom are elderly, others are young, and still others are fighting illnesses every day of their life. hopefully there will be no young or elderly or sickly people on the packed flights i'll be taking during the height of flu season. hopefully i won't be called selfish again. sorry, i guess i forgot to warn you guys that one of my pet peeves is being judged by those who don't know me or the rationale and motives behind my actions. i didn't think that one simple sentence of my to-do list required such lengthy explanation, but i was obviously mistaken. well, now you know my rationale and let's all get on with our lives. other than that, happy reading to all. shake off the negativity and have a wonderful weekend!


|



The official stuff...


© VS 2003-2005

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com