<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Fun... 

i have such fun with you guys. i don't know what i'll do when i'm gone. you guys may have to go without me. i'll have to go without you. maybe during work the next couple of days i can spend all my time writing things (by hand because we're too ghetto to have computers), and then i'll post them all on friday with pre-dates and just trust that you all are responsible enough to read only the allotted days during the correct times. or that you'll handle it ok if you read everything in one day and then have nothing to read for the next 5 days. either way is really ok. i just don't want a mutiny or revolt on my hands when i come home. it would be so sad to come back to just 2 readers.

so have i mentioned that all my little plants are gone? i had some baby cacti (that weren't faring too well in my cold drafty window and with my semi-haphazard watering schedule) and a little christmas tree. but mayhem had to take them to his place so they wouldn't die while i was gone. or if they did it wasn't due to neglect and abandonment. i have had an ambivalent relationship with plants. it is similar to my feelings toward fish. they aren't cuddly and friendly, and in the case of cacti and some of the meaner varieties of fish, they have a bite. both are things that you have to care for, and yet you receive little in return. oddly enough, mayhem likes both fish and plants. he got me on this whole plant thing. got me 2 plants that i managed to keep on the brink of death for a couple years before they finally bit the dust for good. so for some reason, i now have 5 plants. and am babysitting somebody else's plant... which means that mayhem is now babysitting their plant.

so yes, plants have grown on me a little. i kind of like the idea that they are still living because of me. and if they die, it takes about 3 minutes to get over it. just long enough to walk the carcass to the dumpster. i nurse sick ones in hopes that it becomes "nurse them back to health." i'll let you know if i ever succeed on that one. fish still take more work. people have told me that the payoffs are also greater, but so far i'll live without. i have gone a couple times for about 3 weeks in between washing dishes because i didn't feel like it. so if i was that spectacular on my own, then imagine what i would do to a fish that expects its water to be changed on a weekly basis. mayhem and i have agreed that should we get married and he still wants a fish tank, then it will be his sole responsibility. he will change the water, pick the fish, feed them, clean them, and whatever else is entailed in this whole shebang. if they grow on me and i get into it, then fabulous. if not, oh well... the original agreement stands.

so, there you go. fish and plants. and not dead in a meal. i have no idea where any of this was going or what my original plan in writing was, so never mind.

my holiday card for anybody who missed it.


|



The official stuff...


© VS 2003-2005

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com