<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Damn.... 

damn, i had something good to post. but now i don't know what it is. so we'll get back to it if i remember.

work was fine today. kind of laid back and only plagued with poor directions. but i had enough time to get wherever i needed to go, so it turned out fine. i had to get directions from a parking attendant who let me go free of charge since i was in the wrong lot, and i got the correct parking lot validated so i didn't have to pay for the meeting i went to for my boss.

parts of all of the meetings i attended today were actually helpful in my personal life. it wasn't always big stuff... just something was mentioned that gave me a little reminder that i should watch that in my personal life. i left feeling like i had a good day and was ready to better myself.

on a random note: i always try to be sweet and strive for the best. but i wonder if those sometimes conflict. like if people come to expect sweet 100% of the time, and i try to make suggestions, while still being sweet and extremely considerate of their feelings, they tend to pull away. i know it can be hard to receive even constructive criticism if it is delivered poorly, and that some people don't like any kind of comment that is less than completely positive. now i don't know if it's something about me or that these people react similarly no matter what... but i feel like their view of me changes a little (usually just temporarily). like they feel a little betrayed or something. it's not like i turn mean or critical or anything, so who knows. anyway, if any of you have a brilliant idea, then fill me in.

something to ponder: i wonder if annoying people know they are annoying. you know how there are some people who seem to annoy everyone in their path? i just wonder if they realize it and decide to be who they are or if they are completely oblivious. other people are just totally loveable to everyone. i hope i'm of the second variety and not of the first.

oh, fun little part of the day: i stopped at a restaurant i like for lunch. although it would probably be considered fast food, it's laid back enough that you can chill for a couple hours if you want. they won't bother you to leave or anything. so i figured that was a good place to go since i had a little over an hour to kill for lunch. when i poured the soft drink, it came out pale and watery. so i dumped it out and a nice old man who worked there came over and asked if there was a problem with it. i tried to make a quick diagnosis of what was wrong (basically, it was light or something to that effect), so he checked it out, took my glass, and said that he would fill it in the back for me from a different line. so i waited around and finally decided he'd find me when he was done. i was a little worried about what he was doing with my drink. finally he came over with my drink, apologized, and said that he had to refill or fix whatever the problem was. the rest of the time that i was there, he checked back with me. did i want more to drink? he'd be happy to fill it for me. he was very sweet. made my lunch a little happier.


|



The official stuff...


© VS 2003-2005

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com