<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Post office... 

(Written 1/4/05)
I just had to laugh when I went to the post office today. I felt like I looked like crap, but apparently I was wrong. There’s this one guy who is usually working when I come in, and he always makes eyes. It’s funny because it’s so blatant. Whenever he looks up between customers, he always looks up right at me, no matter where I am in line. Sometimes he just looks up with that “hey baby” look, and other times he looks up and smiles at me. But guaranteed he looks at me every time, even if I don’t look back (although I usually do). It makes me feel a little self conscious because he’s watching everything I do, but kind of in an exhilarating way… like being on stage. This was the first time that I’ve actually had him help me, and of course he was all smiles. When I handed over my credit card, he casually brushed my hand with his and smiled. And he watched as I signed the receipt. I realized as I drove away that as I sign receipts I put my left hand on the top of it, showing that I don’t have an engagement or wedding ring. He flashed a big smile as he told me to have a good day. I’m sure that if the line wasn’t out the door and he wasn’t the only one working that he would have chatted me up. I’m guessing he’s in his 30s, and he has a severely receding hairline, although he’s one of those guys who actually looks pretty cute with a balding head.

Well as you can probably tell from the reemergence of posts, I went to the nearest public library, sat around for a 30 minute wait, and got to use a computer. Definitely made me grateful that I have a computer at home, and that I can usually use the internet there too. I better be at the top of the list for getting fixed tomorrow morning. I think I’m going nuts here without internet access. Ok, well I hope to see you guys tomorrow!


|



The official stuff...


© VS 2003-2005

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com