<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 10, 2005

Quick tip... 

ok, so two things from my grocery run. one is that i realized how lucky i am that my turning radius is tight enough that i can swing wide and get into a parking space facing the opposite direction. and i make it look so graceful and effortless. i realized that if i was in a 2 ton truck i would have some serious problems. so yay for that.

the other thing is a little tip for people trying to sell you stuff. don't insult your potential buyer. as i was walking out of the grocery store, reeling from the cost of everything, this guy called out to me. it was already dark outside and my hands were full, so i was a little cautious. but i looked over, and the guy says to me "bet you don't like black guys coming up and talking to you. naw, i'm just playing, do you want to buy some candy bars?" what the fuck?! actually, i don't like strangers coming up to me after dark when my hands are full, no matter what race or gender. especially if they're calling after me to come closer to them. no thanks. but i'm just saying, don't insult your consumers. assuming that just because i'm a white girl i must fear black people. i think it's sad that this is your outlook on life, but i also find it insulting that you would assume that about me.

i'll come back to the weekend after i fix some dinner.


|



The official stuff...


© VS 2003-2005

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com