<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 10, 2005

Nap dream... 

when i woke up from my nap, it took me a minute or two to realize that it was a dream. in the dream, it was christmastime and family members and pets who have passed on were celebrating with us. it felt completely natural to have them there, and it wasn't until i was midway through fixing my coffee that i realized it was just a dream.

now that i'm thinking about it, though, i may have been celebrating christmas in a place that was a mixture of the jetson's home and heaven. everything was pretty white and modern looking, and the floor was so brilliantly white that you couldn't really see where it was. like when you look into a really clear pool and it looks shallow because it's so clean, even though there's a 6 ft drop. that kind of effect.

i remember my grandmother was there and this was supposedly her house. we were all busy getting food and gifts ready for the big celebration. unfortunately because we were all taking part, there were a lot of mixed signals. we needed some milk to prepare one of the foods and ended up with 3 gallons sitting on the kitchen counter. oh, and somehow there were easter baskets there too! they were sitting in a room that looked like either a child's nursery or a preschool room. there were only two in there, so my brother was sternly telling me not to touch them because they may just be for our youngest 2 cousins and i might look greedy if i moved them or looked at them. i blew him off and went to an adult to ask where they wanted me to put them... under the christmas tree, on the dinner table, etc. when i went into the kitchen there were some very ancient gummy figures in a jar. one was a lavender purple gorilla that i remembered eating years ago in one of those snack pouch things. i looked at them for a little while before decided they were not safe to eat.

i also remember my oldest cousin revealing to me that he was the one in charge of my christmas gift that year. he said that the gift was too large to bring in right now with everyone getting the food ready. i remember wondering what in the world could that gift be then, and thinking that if so much of the surprise were being revealed already, he could just tell me what it is and let me really get excited about it. at that moment, i looked to my right, and in the middle of the super white living room, somebody (i didn't recognize who) was grilling at this super-elaborate outdoor grill. it was the type that had several stations to it. i think i laughed at them because they were grilling inside, and i glanced out the sliding patio doors in front of me as a kind of gesture of "why not out there?" i was surprised when i looked outside, though, because it wasn't white outside. no heavenly white or snow white. it was covered in that fake green grass that's on miniature golf courses... astroturf, i think? very strange. at that moment, i looked down and saw my first cat walking by. i was very happy to see him, but i didn't realize that he had been dead for years. i dropped onto the ground in almost a fetal position with the cat on my tummy and we just cuddled for a while. his fur was so feathery soft. off in the living room area, i heard my parents saying "awww, look at them!" about me and the cat, and when i looked back, the cat had disappeared again.

i got up, and my brother came out of the kitcheny area where they were resolving the milk situation and was standing on the step above my cousin and i. that oldest cousin had come up to me again to tell me that he had thought of the best time to bring the gift in through the patio doors. i looked up to see my brother eavesdropping, and did the most fruity thing i have ever done in real life or a dream. i'm serious... as a woman, effeminate actions shouldn't bother me, but this definitely creeped me out. i grabbed my cousin by the hand, very loosely, and skipped us out of my brother's earshot. and i swear i even heard girly music and little figures that would normally only be seen on the asses of my little ponies* floating past us as we skipped. (*for those who don't know... this would be little pink cupcakes, ribbons, smiling suns, candy canes, etc.) i know, it scared even me. that's about the time that i woke up. pretty freaky, huh?


|



The official stuff...


© VS 2003-2005

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com