<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 04, 2005

What a morning... 

this morning was productive, but hardly fun. here's a little run down.

my alarm woke me up early after getting very little sleep last night. there is something (possibly the pipes) that from time to time emits a noise resembling a chain saw in my walls. i was sound asleep when it happened, and it sounded like it was coming from the apartment above me. needless to say, i was not pleased.

so i had to drag my ass out of bed despite being exhausted because i had to get some repairs done to things.

i was already running late because i had to have a brilliant discussion with mayhem. he was someplace where he couldn't hear anything but wouldn't tell me that so i was trying to scream "i need to go" several times to him. he didn't hear, so i just hung up, and he called back. please just call back after you have left the runway of the nearest airstrip, or whatever was so loud you couldn't hear me.

so i missed my morning wake-up style drink. sometimes it's coffee, other times just water or milk, or possibly some tea. this morning, i just had time to grab a yogurt and run.

scuttled over to the post office to get a quick postage check on a package, then went to get my repairs done. waited for a half hour to be seen, only to spend 2 minutes with the person. i nearly fell asleep twice while waiting, and the woman who informed me of the wait took that to mean i was pissed at them. yeah, it's not fabulous, but i'm used to that kind of crap from you people. s0 they'll tell me their diagnosis in an hour, come back then.

went to the mall to pick up a gag gift i have been needing to purchase. found an appropriately dirty store, and shopped around. found a few possibilities, but finally settled on one that didn't make me seem too scandalous but wouldn't be a lousy gift to receive because it was too tame, either.

i went up to the counter to purchase the gift and was told "you know there are no returns on "adult" items, right? it gets pretty nasty when people try to bring that stuff back." great, i look like that person, huh? i decide against the longwinded explanation that it is a gag gift and i could care less if they liked it or not but they weren't getting a receipt to return it anyway so it wouldn't be a problem. instead i decided to say "ew, that's nasty."

i then proceed to get lost trying to find the right exit in the mall, as i have made it a life goal of mine to avoid that particular mall whenever possible. all the old people mall-walking give me dirty looks for my dirty purchase. the pre-teen boys look at me with perverted awe. and when i got sidetracked from my quest for an exit and entered victoria's secret, i was ignored as an unworthy patron. fine, screw all of you. i have no reason to explain myself or feel embarrassed because complete strangers hold opinions based on such limited knowledge.

finally find the exit, return to the store in question, and wait another several minutes before they will tell me what's wrong. "uh yeah, it's broken. you'll have to get a new one. but we don't have any, so it'll be like a week." yippeee. so i live with broken crap for now, and i get a new one in a week, at which time i will get to repeat this day all over again.

since i still feel like i'm about to fall asleep at any given moment, i am going to pull out the strong stuff and fix myself some coffee. must make it through the rest of the day. oh wait, i'm being coerced into seeing a crappy movie tonight... maybe i should find sleeping pills instead and just go with my body's instinct.

UPDATE: ok, i am now smelling dirty cat litter. second day in a row. my upstairs neighbor must have a cat. this smell must be stopped. bastards.


|



The official stuff...


© VS 2003-2005

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com