<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 16, 2005

Getting in my way... 

what is the point of the ziploc big bags? because trash bags look too low brow? come on, that's really what it is. a glorified, clear trash bag. except it's more likely to spring a leak or have a defective way of closing.

so now for the important point.

i heard something today that i'm pretty sure i am guilty of on a regular basis. it was somebody saying that you could achieve a great deal more if you just stopped getting in your own way. i think i get in my own way all too often. i stop myself from doing things i should probably really do. i trip myself up. i sabotage myself, most often in love. i trust my gut even if it may hurt somebody, and then i let the guilt eat my insides. i need to get out of my own way and just let myself be. love myself unconditionally and trust that if i act out of love then i will do the right thing.

i have always preached self confidence and self esteem and loving yourself. it is something that women do all too seldom, and i wish that would change. i try my best, and i think i'm probably better than most women at it. however, i was trained as a little girl to have a monstrous conscience, really feel the guilt trips, and take on the stresses and problems of others. i wish it wasn't a lesson i learned, but when your mother regularly guilt trips you, never apologizes when she's wrong, or accepts your apology when you hurt her feelings (even if it was unintentionally). my mom is great, but she has her own issues (many of them), and i have a few quirks as a result. the most basic way to overcome all of those quirks is to stop getting in my own way.

this is my new mission.


|



The official stuff...


© VS 2003-2005

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com