<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Pet peeves... 

as i'm sure you have all learned by now if you've read for any length of time, i develop pet peeves kind of easily.

for example at this new place, my pet peeves have increased by two. one being that my neighbor's guests all loiter outside my door and chat while they're waiting for her to get her ass to the door. they just lounge against my door and chat. i was this close to whipping the door open to teach them a lesson once and for all. the other pet peeve is that they do not screen the people living on upper floors for their ability to walk without stomping. stomp stomp stomp up the metal stairs, carrying more weight on the heel to add an extra decibel or two and to create an echo. stomp clomp stomp over to the kitchen. stomp stomp stomp over to the bathroom. seriously people, if you just learned to walk heel-to-toe as your podiatrist advised, you would do your body a service and you would pad quietly along the floor.

another pet peeve that has flared up tonight is having somebody with a large ego talk down to me like a small child. makes me violent. makes me remember that he comes to me for advice and i don't always have to be the bigger person when it becomes bad for my health. sometimes i have to keep in mind what is best for me, not for everybody else.

breathe in, breathe out.

in another non-pet-peeve related note, it would be freaking scary to me to hear that if i didn't evacuate i needed to write my next of kin's phone number on my body with waterproof ink. hi, i think i'll leave now, thanks. of course then it sounds like they'll just run out of gas and get stuck on the street. praying that they're all safe. glad i have a little better understanding of what's happening for this hurricane than for katrina when my internet was out for an extensive period of time. anyway, hope everybody stays safe.


|



The official stuff...


© VS 2003-2005

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com