<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Cleaning out your produce crisper... 

can be fun, beautiful, and delicious. and you'll feel like a true foodie as you enjoy your concotion.

this morning i got up, went to the grocery store, and finally restrained myself from buying yet another $20 of fresh fruits and veggies that i would lovingly store in my crisper with hungry eyes and never touch until they were disposed in the trash along with their white fuzzy mold.

i like the idea of eating fruits and veggies. i like to think that i would reach for them instead of the chocolate, candy, ice cream, and popcorn i too often devour. but i don't. i loathe cooking for one. i'm not really a fan of cooking period, but if i am cooking with somebody else i do much better.

so anyway, i come home, unload my easy ready-to-eat food items (and a few junk items), and decide i'm hungry. i made myself go before i had breakfast because i knew i'd plop down with my cereal and coffee and decide that some sunday movie marathon in my pajamas sounded like a much better idea that going to the store and unpacking and just generally being productive.

i decided that it was now or never. i opened my crisper, and saw that something had sprung a leak on an upper shelf and pooled water in the crisper (thus probably accelerating the rotting process). i'm a bad produce mama. i leave my produce in poor living conditions without a second thought. i cleaned up all the water and removed all my produce. after checking and rebagging the kiwi in a dry bag, i pulled out the rest of my produce ingredients to concoct a salad. baby spinach, grapes, peaches, broccoli, and carrots. after turning on some cooking-appropriate music, i cleaned, sliced, diced, dissected the good from the bad, and tossed. whoop, there's a salad. a very large salad. i put the whole salad in a tupperware and my smaller portion on a plate. then i drizzled my salad with a vidalia onion and raspberry vinaigrette dressing, and decided it was pretty enough to warrant a picture.

so here is my "everything but the kiwis" salad:



















and how does it taste, you ask? quite delicious. crisp, fresh, like a healthy little party in my mouth.


this has been a good sunday. a nice mix of lazy and productive. and mayhem and i are better again. we talked it out, came to an agreement. no more promises he can't keep. no more claiming to come over if he really can't. and a satisfying groveling explanation about the whole mistaken identity thing. he nicely worked in how he thought i was beautiful for so much more than just my looks (which are very beautiful), and how some of the opposites of what make me beautiful are things that make my sister-in-law less attractive in mayhem's eyes. nevertheless, he worked himself back into my good graces. i'm glad he has. i miss him when we're fighting, and i hate it when he isn't making me happy. so anyway, back to the good life.


|



The official stuff...


© VS 2003-2005

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com