<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Fly on the wall... 

after work today i went to a "big deal" thing in the city. tons of people were there. it was interesting.

i had these observations:

i saw an albino african american woman. i don't think i've ever seen that before. i asked mayhem if he had, and he said he's known three albino african american women. wow, i had no idea!

i know this is going to make me sound even worse than the naive girl who never thought about there being albino african american people, but i noticed something else even more superficial. pretty people are not the norm. basically everyone i know is pretty. in the crowds tonight, i saw the worst. i saw some pretty unattractive people. i figure this wasn't an ugly convention, so this was probably about average for the population at large. i don't pick my friends on looks. yet all my friends are beautiful. how does that work??? i'm not upset about it, but it just struck me as kind of odd.

another thing that i find odd... small breathmints make my stomach hurt. those nasty liquid ice things give me a tummy ache. so do tic tacs. weird. very weird.

back to my night out. stupid "witty" shirts with dumbass sayings are definitely over. they were in extreme excess tonight. i saw two "daddy's girl" shirts within 30 seconds of each other. not to mention a dozen others with small font and snappy insults that were too long to read in passing. i'd say that's kind of a waste of your $35 at the cool kids store. or the $8 at your super-trendy walmart.




i just got a call. irritated the crap out of me. i had a mike and ike in my left hand, and crushed it long ways into a little blob. stress management. by the time i have put in a full day at work with people and situations that push my buttons, i don't need it from people who know my personal phone number. don't make me take you off the accepted calls list! ok, feeling a little better now.


|



The official stuff...


© VS 2003-2005

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com