<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 03, 2005

Interesting... 

i don't really know what to say about today other than it was interesting. work was interesting. my time management tactics were interesting. my drive was interesting. my mail was interesting. my dinner was interesting. not all in the same way, and not all using the same euphemism of "interesting" in the same way. i had fun. i got things done. i stayed busy. life was good.

the mention of a drive reminded me... i drove through a very dangerous area a few days ago. first, a peacock darted out RIGHT in front of my car. i had to slam on the brakes and swerve to avoid hitting it. then daredevil the squirrel ran out, not even a foot in front of me. i'm decently sure i hit the poor thing, unless it ran way faster than i thought it could. i felt horrible, but it was sooooo close that there was nothing i could do about it. then a tiny bit down the road from that squirrel mishap, daredevil's slightly smarter cousin ran in front of my car. that one was far enough in front of me that i could slow down enough to allow it to cross safely. what the heck was the deal?! i mean, wildlife is nice and all, but i don't like it to create an obstacle course for me. that's not a very funny trick. and it's a very elaborate dwi trap. i hate thinking that i may have just killed an animal. in our early years, i was driving to mayhem's when i ran over a squirrel that the car in front of me had just killed. i didn't kill it, i hit it as it bounced out from under the other car's tires, but it still traumatized me. i burst into tears for the poor little creature, and cried to mayhem about it the second i saw him. it caught him so off guard he half-laughed as he said, "baby, it's going to be ok! you didn't even kill it!" i sobbed, "i know, but i still hit it!" he hugged me tight and kept kissing my head and alternating between saying "it's ok" and "you're so cute." i still remember that because his reaction was so sweet. anyway, just thought i'd share.

in other news...
i just used this job predictor thing, and it said i should be either a princess or a movie star. i couldn't agree more!


|



The official stuff...


© VS 2003-2005

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com